Beginner Belly Dance Classes in Woodstock, New York
The NEXT 6-Week Beginner Belly Dance Series will be
April 20 - May 25, 2016
There is NO CLASS Wednesday, April 13, 2016.
Class Fees:April/May 6-week session - $72
Drop-In Rate - $15 per class
Class fees are non-refundable
Class Location:Ed Dempsey Tattoo Studio
92 Mill Hill Road - Upstairs
Woodstock, NY 12498
Please join my mailing list to be notified of upcoming class sessions!
Class Description - Beginner Belly DanceThis class will cover the basic moves and foot patterns of belly dance, as well as drum rhythms and common musical styles in a relaxed and supportive atmosphere. This class is appropriate for all ages and fitness levels.
- Strength conditioning for dance and bellydance technique will be introduced at the beginner level.
- Focus on proper posture and alignment is very important.
- Foot patterns and dance movement will be taught separately from belly dance movement, and combined as student abilities improve.
- Combinations will be taught to introduce students to the concepts of musicality as well as putting moves together and transitioning from one move into another.
- As students get more proficient with the beginner format, more advanced material will be added - on an individual basis - to prepare students for higher level classes.
All Bellydance Classes...... will help develop core body awareness while building strength and stamina, and toning and strengthening the different muscle groups of the body. Students will learn to isolate their glutes, hips, abs, pelvis, ribcage, shoulders, arms and head while dancing to hypnotic and rhythmic Middle Eastern music. Bellydance will raise your heart rate, so be prepared to sweat a little. This class is low-impact and appropriate for women of all ages and fitness levels. Modifications for all skill levels can be made with awareness of student ability and level. Each student will receive personal attention and direction appropriate to their skill level. For more information about belly dance classes in the Hudson Valley, contact Willow at (845) 594-8673 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
If you know anyone who would be interested in this information, please feel free to SHARE this information with them! Thank you!