Next Beginner Belly Dance Class Session Starts October 28, 2015
When:Wednesdays - 7:00 - 8:15 p.m.
Session #2 - 7 weeks - Enroll Now!!!October 28 - December 16
No Class November 25
This session is limited to 10 participants and there are no drop-ins for this session.
Price:$80 - 7-Week Session
Class fees are non-refundable
Enrollment for Session #2 is now closed.
Please join my mailing list to be notified of upcoming class sessions!
Where:Ed Dempsey Tattoo Studio
92 Mill Hill Road - Upstairs
Woodstock, NY 12498
Class Description - Beginner Belly Dance
This class will cover the basic moves and foot patterns of belly dance, as well as drum rhythms and common musical styles in a relaxed and supportive atmosphere. This class is appropriate for all ages and fitness levels.
- Strength conditioning for dance and bellydance technique will be introduced at the beginner level.
- Focus on proper posture and alignment is very important.
- Foot patterns and dance movement will be taught separately from belly dance movement, and combined as student abilities improve.
- Combinations will be taught to introduce students to the concepts of musicality as well as putting moves together and transitioning from one move into another.
- As students get more proficient with the beginner format, more advanced material will be added - on an individual basis - to prepare students for higher level classes.
It is recommended that students have a minimum of one year of beginner bellydance classes before entering the intermediate level class.
All Bellydance Classes...... will help develop core body awareness while building strength and stamina, and toning and strengthening the different muscle groups of the body. Students will learn to isolate their glutes, hips, abs, pelvis, ribcage, shoulders, arms and head while dancing to hypnotic and rhythmic Middle Eastern music. Bellydance will raise your heart rate, so be prepared to sweat a little. This class is low-impact and appropriate for women of all ages and fitness levels. Modifications for all skill levels can be made with awareness of student ability and level. Each student will receive personal attention and direction appropriate to their skill level.
For more information about belly dance classes in the Hudson Valley, contact Willow at (845) 594-8673 or e-mail email@example.com
If you know anyone who would be interested in this information, please feel free to SHARE this information with them! Thank you!